Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Clayton's Exhibit

It was a great experience to be in the exhibit at Clayton's and to be able to show a few pieces of my work. It was also interesting to learn about the process of behind a show like this. I didn't realize all of the pieces that were involved leading up to the exhibit, from choosing the photographs I wanted to show, matting and framing them, and finally hanging the exhibit. For me, it was difficult to choose which photographs I wanted to show out of the huge variety of work I've done this year. I think, in the end, the two photos I chose are some of my best and favorite work. I also didn't realize the many steps involved in framing the photos and the difficulty in doing it correctly. The framing classes were definitely an ordeal, but it was worthwhile when I saw the finished product. Knowing the work that goes into a show like this one, I think I am able to appreciate it a lot more. I am also glad to have had an opportunity to share some of my work with the community.


"In the Window"

"Seeing Double"

No comments:

Post a Comment