Tuesday, March 25, 2014

POW: Film Photography (Farms; Still Lives)

I chose to shoot more film for my photo of the week assignment so I could have more photos to develop, especially since most of my film from New York did not come out :(. I took one set of photos at Coopers Farm in Windham during Maple Sugar Sunday. Many of the photos are of animals: everything from ponies (there were 28 at the farm!) and cows, to chickens and peacocks. I'm also excited to see how the photos turn out from inside the sugar shack where the sap was being boiled. The air was filled with a sweet maple steam illuminated by the light coming from the windows which will hopefully make for some interesting photos. A also have a few photos of the many children that came to the farm to enjoy the maple syrup and seeing the animals. My second set of photos is a continuation of the still lives which we worked on when we started working with film. These still lives consist of an varying combinations of oranges, eggs, and a few plants and china pieces. I am hoping the light in these photos turned out well because I was trying to photograph quickly, between the passing clouds which blocked the morning sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment