Monday, April 7, 2014

POW: Creative Self Portraits











Self-portrait photography was weird and challenging because I was the subject while I also had to be behind the camera. It was especially difficult to determine the desired exposure, focus, and placement of myself because I had to be in front of the camera to test all of this and behind the camera to check it. Most of my work was trial and error. I set the self timer with 10-shot bursts to have the best chance of getting a well-composed shot. In the first few photos, I was working with mirrors and reflections which allowed me to get some interesting shots. Safe to say I felt pretty ridiculous waving my arms and flipping my hair around repeatedly, hoping that one of the shots would be timed well. In the fourth shot, I was trying for blurred motion and good running form. Again, it was strange to run pointlessly across the street and back but I think the photos paid off. In the final photo, I wanted a closer up image of my face, but I wasn't really sure what to do with myself, so I grabbed the flower and played around with that to take some of the focus away from my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment